Look after yourself while dating: Self-care online course
Buy this self-directed course with teaching videos, handouts, tasks and the option of a one to one session. Get yourself into the right place for dating or get insight into where you might be going wrong with your dating.
Click on the links below to purchase or find out more.
Find love in 2023: Eight week online group programme
Join other singles looking for love on Rachel’s eight week coaching course, with weekly live workshops. Click on the link below for the January 2024 dates.
Checkout issues? Book here.
Find love in 2023: Eight week online programme
The eight week programme involves various activities, optional exercises and assessments, is fun as well as challenging, and is supported by Rachel’s Dating Workbook and plenty of handouts.
The coaching programme runs for groups and for individuals in one to one sessions.
Suitable for ALL ages, genders, preferences, backgrounds, personalities and abilities.
As well as being a dating and relationships coach, Rachel is an experienced teacher, a mindfulness and life coach, and has a counselling certificate. She has worked in research in psychology at the University of Oxford and bases her advice on published studies. See here for what her clients have said about her.
“Rachel is insightful, intelligent and inspired in her approach to dating advice. She is thoughtful, and takes many factors into consideration when offering ways to navigate the often confusing world of dating, especially for anyone who is new to apps. Rachel understands human emotions and how to interpret behaviour, and is skilled in understanding how to take measured, meaningful steps in the early stages of dating. She has taught me how to best to act and react to text messages. She has also offered wonderful ideas on imaginative first dates. I’ve learned a lot about human psychology and how to go slowly and steadily rather than jump in without thinking. I’m grateful for her encouraging guidance and positive yet practical support. Thank you, Rachel!” (Ellen, 34)
Session 1: Celebrating yourself
- To feel good about yourself and give off the right vibe
- To identify your strengths, values, goals
- To understand your relationship with yourself
- To apply this to your dating profile, online messaging and real life conversations
Session 2: Making sense of your past
- To make sense of the place you have reached in your life
- To recognise the influence of your upbringing and previous relationships
- To identify your “blueprint” for relationships, love and attraction
- To become aware of your attitudes, beliefs, expectations, behaviours and emotions around dating
- To explore your attachment style
- To “tell your story” on a date
Session 3: What are your relationship needs?
- To explore different models of dating and relationships
- To be selective and have high expectations
- To believe you deserve to be treated well
- To explore and articulate your relationship needs
- To distinguish between essentials and desirables
- To learn about red and green flags
Session 4: The psychology of online dating
- What does online dating involve?
- To learn about the costs and benefits of online dating
- To compare the efficiency and processes of online and real-life/organic dating
- To gain some insight into the psychological processes underlying people’s behaviour when online dating
- To explore the best dating apps for you
Session 5: Successful online dating profiles
- To understand the purpose of a dating profile
- To learn what research shows works in a dating profile
- To learn about the effects of sentence structure, length, language, tone, humour
- To edit your own profile
- To understand the semiotics of photos: what you communicate indirectly
- To learn the dos and don’ts of photos
- To plan for new photos
Session 6: Successful profiles and messaging
- To learn what works in a dating profile
- To increase the number of messages sent and received
- To make the messaging process more efficient
- The aims of messaging and some dos and don’ts
- Initial messages that work
- To move from messages to dates with the right people
- To be discerning about fake profiles and scammers
Session 7: Dating skills, conversation skills, emotional intelligence
- To enjoy your dates more and reduce date anxiety
- To use the date effectively to find out key information
- To build a connection and create warmth and chemistry
- To get down to a deeper level
- To create a personalised bank of questions and topics of conversation for dates
Session 8: Dating etiquette and communicating your needs
- To use and interpret non-verbal communication on dates
- To get second dates with the right people
- How to decide if you want another date
- To make sense of dates that don’t work out
- To communicate about intimacy, sexual health, hygiene, COVID safety
- To discuss how the first ten dates should look:
- How and when do I suggest a second date?
- How often should we message in between dates?
- How do I cope with insecurity and uncertainty?
- When should we discuss exclusivity?
- When should I stay the night?
- How long should the dates last?
- How do I end things?
- When does dating turn into a relationship?
- When do I use the L word?